Make the Most of Your Quarantine
At RCC, we love helping people take their next step with Jesus, regardless of the circumstances. During this season, when we are not able to meet together in person, we want to help you make the most of your quarantine, growing your relationship with Jesus. As a church family, we want to ask ourselves this question: “How can we use this season to grow in our relationship with Jesus while making Him known to others through our words and actions?” We think that utilizing some of the following suggestions will help you make the most of your quarantine.
1. Create A New Daily Schedule
- Develop a daily or weekly schedule that includes cultivating spiritual, physical, and emotional health.
- We’ve created this sample schedule for you to use with your kids.
- Be intentional about keeping friends and family updated on how you and your family are doing through FaceTime, Google Hangouts, Zoom or even a phone call.
2. Practice Spiritual Disciplines Personally
- Set aside time each day to pray.
- Specificity leads to visibility. Spend some time praying for specific concerns, people, or situations that are heavy on your mind.
- Spend some of that time thanking God for a few specific things.
- Get in the Bible on a regular basis.
- Spend time fasting.
- Memorize Scripture
3. Practice Spiritual Disciplines With Your Family (or Roommates/Friends)
- Pray out loud with your family every day.
- Read this article by Brad Hambrick on how to talk to your kid about the coronavirus.
- Stay connected to the Kids City and Student City Facebook pages for daily devotionals, fun, and Sunday resources.
- Play games! (Indoor and outdoor)
- Workout as a family.
- Take walks.
- Do projects together around the house.
“...But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15
4. Show Love To Your Community
- Pray for your neighbors, your city, your country, and the world.
- Continue to faithfully Give to the Cause
- Look for ways you can wisely serve your neighbors.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Pick your day on the farm!
- Use these cards to help us know how to best help people.
- If you get a card back, take a picture and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Nextdoor app is a fantastic way to be proactive with serving your neighbors and helping them with needs.
- Use this resource to help share the gospel with your neighbors.
“ The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Mark 12:31
5. Connect With Your Group
- While we are not available to gather as small groups in person, we want to encourage every group to continue to relationally engage and meet virtually each week.
- Group leaders will stay in contact with you about meeting and staying connected during this season.
We miss you all and we are praying for you. We hope that these suggestions help you make the most of your quarantine.
4 Reasons Why I Wrote "21 Days to Childlike Prayer: Changing Your World One Specific Prayer at a Time"
January 17th, 2022
In The Word
December 30th, 2021
Meet RCC's New Family and Missions Pastor
June 13th, 2021
Race, Family, and Winning At Home
April 22nd, 2021
Meet RCC’s New Worship Pastor
January 3rd, 2021
The Coronavirus, Williamson County, and Redemption City ChurchUpdate From Pastor Jed About Sunday GatheringsRelief DriveA Few Ways to Carefully Serve During Social DistancingCOVID FEARS, QUARANTINES, TOILET PAPER SHORTAGES, AND OTHER STUFF YOU NEED THE GOSPEL FORWHAT TO DO IF YOU GET COVID-19SIGN UP TO SERVE ON THE FARM THIS WEEK!How to Make the Most of the New Sunday Experience
COVID-19 Care StrategyMake the Most of Your QuarantineHow To Make The Most of Holy WeekHoly Week Daily Devotionals - MondayHoly Week Daily Devotionals - TuesdayHoly Week Daily Devotionals - WednesdayHoly Week Daily Devotionals - ThursdayHoly Week Daily Devotionals - FridayHoly Week Daily Devotionals - SaturdayKaitlyn Works7 False Alternatives About Jesus\' Resurrection in a MinuteWe Care About Your Mental Health During COVID-19Feeding the Hungry This Week3 Minute Update from Pastor Jed