Having, as we trust, been brought by divine grace to repent of our sins and trust Jesus Christ as the Lord, Savior, and greatest Treasure of our lives, and having been baptized upon our professions of faith, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, we now, relying on His gracious aid, solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another.
1. LOVE JESUS
Because the gospel is the good news that God is redeeming people for Himself and restoring His good creation through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ:
• We will submit to the teachings of Scripture as expressed in the Statement of Faith.
• We will seek growth in our knowledge of the gospel through a personal, devotional pursuit of God.
• We will live out the implications of the gospel by pursing holiness in all areas of life, repenting quickly of sin, and submitting to the accountability and discipline of the church.
• We will seek the glory of Jesus in all things.
2. LOVE THE CHURCH
Because the gospel also creates a new community of people who live life together as the church:
• We will live like family as we meet regularly and fulfill the “one another” commands of Scripture by counting others more significant than ourselves.
• We will seek the unity of the church by avoiding gossip, always being ready to seek reconciliation, and submitting to the leadership of our pastors and elders.
• We will endeavor to train the children under our care in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
• We will pray for the ministries, members, and leadership of Redemption City Church.
• We will financially support Redemption City Church through generous giving.
3. LOVE THE WORLD
Because the gospel also calls us to be a part of God’s mission of redemption:
• We will live like missionaries by making disciples who make disciples through consistently displaying and declaring the gospel.
• We will steward our time, skills, experience, finances, and spiritual gifts to further the mission of God through the church.
• We will pray for the city of Franklin, Greater Nashville, and the world, and seek their good by engaging in deeds of mercy and kindness.
4. LOVE SERVING
Because the gospel also calls us to serve others:
• We will live like servants by helping one another in various ways in the life of the church.
• We will use our time, skills, experience, finances, and spiritual gifts to serve one another in the church.
• We will pray for others serving the church.
5. LOVE MULTIPLICATION
Because the gospel also calls us to multiply His disciples:
• We will live like mentors by developing disciples who make disciples through intentional relationships.
• We will work towards reproducing disciples who disciple others.
• We will support multiplication by through our prayers, personal effort, and financial gifts.
We will, if we leave this fellowship of disciples, as soon as possible, unite with another church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.